Governor Kenneth E. Mapp of the U.S. Virgin Islands has created the V.I. Hurricane and Resiliency Advisory Group to guide the reconstruction efforts of the island from Hurricane Irma and Maria. The group is made up of community members, local officials, business leaders, environmental experts, and influential and industry leaders from the United States.
The advisory panel is made up of 18 members who will address issues like the island’s security and economic recovery, helping to rebuild the infrastructure, monitoring federal and private disaster funding; support the VI services like tourism; and to plan for a present and long term system to make the island resilient against future natural disasters.
The V.I. Hurricane and Resiliency Advisory Group members include:
• Chairman, Clifford Graham, CEO of the West Indian Company;
• Dr. Jerome M. Adams, U.S. Surgeon General and Vice Admiral of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps;
• Elizabeth Armstrong, General Manager of the St. Croix Buccaneer Hotel and Vice Chair of the V.I. Next Generation Network and Board member of the V.I. Water and Power Authority;
• Valdamier Collents, the USVI Department of Finance Commissioner and Executive Director of the VI Public Finance Authority;
• Vivek Daswani the President and Owner of Royal Caribbean;
• Judith Enck the former EPA Region 2 administrator which included the Virgin Island and the former New York State deputy secretary for the environment;
• Andrew Farkas is the Founder and CEO of Island Capital Group, a real estate and merchant banking firm;
• Eugene Farrell is the Chief of Staff to Gov. Kenneth E. Mapp;
• Sen. Novelle E. Francis, Jr. is a V.I. legislator and former chair of Homeland Security and chairman of the Rules and Judiciary Committee;
• Daryl Griffith is the CFO and Executive Director for the V.I. Housing Finance Authority;
• Anthony Hurley is the Associate managing director of Witt O’Briens, an emergency and security risk management firm;
• Hans Lawaetz, local businessman and cattle farmer, as well as the President of Annaly Farms, Inc.;
• John Mcinnis III, Director and CEO of Kenny Chesney Foundation and McInnis Industries, respectfully;
• Beverly Nicholson-Doty, USVI Commissioner of Tourism;
• Basil Ottley, Director of the Office of Insular Affairs of the U.S. Depart. of the Interior;
• Geri Puris, FEMA management;
• Marjorie Roberts, Esq., President of Marjorie Rawls Roberts, P.C., law firm specializing in USVI business investments;
• Harriet Tregoning, past depty assistant secretary of HUD’s Office of Community Planning and Development.